Easy. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
20 Minutes (plus drying time)
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Firstly, using a glue dot temporarily stick a small paper plate inside the salad spinner.
- Squirt various colours of fluorescent ready mixed paint onto the paper plate and then secure the lid on top and spin the handle.
- When you remove the lid, you will be left with an abstract design on your paper plate.
- When the paint is dry, cut the paper plate in half and then use the template to draw and cut out the wings.
- Glue the wings together using super tacky glue.
- Stick neon pom poms in the centre of the butterfly to create the body. Use 1 large pom pom for the head, 2 medium pom poms in the middle and one small pom pom at the end.
- For the antennas cut a neon pipe cleaner in half and wrap them around a pencil to create 2 spirals.
- Stick them to the back of the butterfly’s head.
- Lastly, stick 2 wiggle eyes on the head of the butterfly.
When you reveal your paint design you can always layer more paint on top and spin again to cover more of the plate or to adapt your design.