Time to Make
1 Hour plus 24 hours drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
HOW TO MAKE THE STAMPERS:
- Match and measure your short bamboo sticks with each Christmas wooden shape to make sure the ends stay inside the shape.
- Using the Bostik glue gun place a small amount on the end of your bamboo stick, attach your wooden Christmas shape and hold in place until the glue hardens.
- Scrape away any dried glue that has come through the holes of your shapes to keep the pattern when stamped.
HOW TO MAKE THE DECORATIONS:
- Working with a small piece of clay at a time, (so not to dry it out), knead in your hand a little before rolling out with a rolling pin. This helps the clay become less sticky. Roll no thinner than 0.5cm
- Using various cutters cut out as many as you want from your clay.
- Press your stampers into the centre of your cut out clay. Making sure to press evenly and firmly so the pattern is even
- Carefully pierce a small hole at the top of the decoration for the hanging string, using a pointed object. Pierce through front & back to have a clear hole.
- If the edges or the decoration are a little rough, smooth down by wetting your finger and gently rubbing & smoothing.
- Place decoration onto a sheet of tracing paper/baking parchment to dry. The paper will stop it sticking to the surface.
- Repeat the process for further decorations. Allow the clay to dry between 24 – 48 hours, turning over to allow the underside to fully dry too.
- Once dry you can decorate however you wish, Don’t forget to add your twine and Ribbon so you can hang them on your tree!
- Once decorated add a coat of varnish for protection and shine!
Make extras for decorative gift tags and write messages on the back!