Time to Make
30 minutes + drying time for clay and paint.
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- To make the hedgehogs snout, take a small amount of clay and mould it into a cone shape. Take a pinecone and push the clay onto the tip of the pinecone. Reshape the clay once it is securely in place.
- Roll three pieces of clay into small balls and attach one onto the end of the snout. With the other two balls, squeeze them so they are flattened and then attach these to the top of the snout for the hedgehog ears.
- Roll four more pieces of clay into small balls, slightly larger than the first, then squeeze them so they are flattened into an oval shape. Turn the pinecone over and stick these to the bottom for the hedgehog feet.
- Leave the clay to dry overnight, the model can take up to 48 hours before the surface is completely dry.
- Once the clay is dry, apply two coats of beige acrylic paint to the head and feet. Leave to dry. Then paint on the eyes and nose. Leave to dry.
Keep a bowl of water handy while you make the clay pieces. If the surface of the clay starts to dry out, rub some water over the top to keep it smooth and easier to work with.