Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take 12 red sheets of 15cm X 15cm squares from the tissue paper combination pack. Lay them evenly on top of each other and fold them up with a zig-zag fold.
- Take a green pipe cleaner and wrap it twice around the middle of the zig-zag folded tissue paper. Twist the pipe cleaner to secure it to the tissue paper.
- On each side of the zig-zag folded tissue paper, peel upwards each layer of tissue paper to form each petal. Once you have peeled upwards each layer it will form a flower shape.
- Using your fingers to move the tissue paper petals make a space in the middle of the flower where you can stick down a large black pom pom using super tacky glue. Leave to dry.
- Attach another pipe cleaner to the bottom of the first pipe cleaner wrapped around the tissue paper to make a long stem. Wrap another pipe cleaner around this one to make it nice and sturdy.
- Repeat steps 1-6 to make a row of poppies.
If you already have bigger sheets of red tissue paper you would like to use, cut them into 12 squares 15cm X 15cm for each poppy.