Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Using the template provided, trace or draw the hot air balloon onto a piece of A4 white card in pencil, then outline with black pen. Make sure to transfer over the colour labels for each section of the balloon.
- Plug in the glue gun, add a glue stick and position it over a piece of scrap paper while the glue gets flowing leave it for 5 10 minutes to ensure a good flow. You can also use PVA glue.
- Ask children to stick coloured pom poms into the correct sections so red pom poms have to be put in the red section. Tell them to count how many pom poms fit in each section as they do it.
- Once all sections are complete, ask children to write down how many pom poms are in each section. They can label the hot air balloon by hand or using number stickers.
- As a further activity, ask them to add up all the pom poms used for the entire balloon and add it to their picture.
To make it easier, separate the pom poms out into colour groups before children get started.