Time to Make
45 minutes + drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Put on the gloves provided in the tie dye pack. Then choose the colours of dye that you want to use and fill the bottles with water.
- To create a spiral pattern, lay the bag out flat and pinch the middle, then twist the bag up and fix in place with an elastic band. Then add two more elastic bands onto the bag to split it up into six sections.
- Add some dye into each section. Try to cover as much of the fabric as possible without mixing the colours. Then wrap it in cling film.
- To create a stripy pattern, lay the bag out flat and gather it together length ways. Then tie multiple elastic bands around the bag.
- Add some dye to each section, then wrap the bag in cling film.
- Leave the dye to soak into the bag for approximately 6 hours. Then put on another pair of gloves, unwrap the cling film and rinse the bag in water.
- Leave the bag to dry, then iron out the creases.
Remember to wear gloves the whole time you are dyeing the bag, as the dye can stain your skin.