Time to Make
1-2 hours plus drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Paint 4 wooden people and the book with white acrylic paint and allow to dry. (Leave the book open to dry to avoid sticking.)
- Decorate the book accordingly with paint and self-adhesive foam letters.
- To make Dorothy, paint her dress with blue and white paint, then paint her head with a skin-colour.
- Measure and 10 pieces of wool approximately 15cms long. Apply Super Tacky Glue to the top of the head and lay the strands of wool across. When dry, plait each side of the hair and tie off with a piece of black wool. Trim to the desired length.
- Use a black deco pen to draw the eyes and the mouth.
- Use some Super Tacky Glue to make 2 small feet and sprinkle with red glitter.
- Decorate the other story characters accordingly and use the template provided to make the Tin Man’s hat.
To make the storytelling experience even better, make props to go with the story from coloured paper or felt.
Tagged with:Story Telling