Time to Make
30 minutes + drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Cut a section of the air dry clay and roll it onto a flat surface until it is approximately 0.5-1cm thick. Then cut it into a circle using a knife. The size of this will depend on the size of your pet’s paw, but there needs to be enough room to write the name and date above and below the paw print.
- Place a piece of clingfilm over the top of the clay to protect your pet’s paw. Then gently press your pet’s paw into the clay, using your thumb to gently press from all angles to make sure the impression is there.
- Use a cocktail stick to make two holes at the top of the clay.
- Leave to dry overnight, or follow instructions on the pack to speed up the drying time.
- Paint the front and edges of the plaque in white paint, leaving the paw print unpainted.
- Paint the paw print a colour of your choice to make it really stand out.
- Use a black pen to write your pet’s name above the paw print, and the date it was taken underneath.
- Thread a piece of ribbon through the two holes and tie it into a loop for the plaque to hang from.
Make sure the clingfilm has no creases in it, otherwise these may show in the clay.