Time to Make
How to Make
- Cut out a piece of coloured card measuring 14cm x 28cm for the background. Using a ruler and pencil accurately divide the 28cm length into 5 strips measuring: 10cm, 2.5cm, 10cm, 2.5cm and 3cm. Measure and cut a window in the 10cm middle section, make the window 7cm x 11cm, leaving a 1.5cm border around the edge. Score and fold along the pencil lines then turn the card over.
- Cut 2 x coloured card strips measuring 2cm x 13cm and 2 x strips 2cm x 9cm. Stick 4 pieces of double-sided tape around window frame then press the card strips in place, making the window aperture smaller. Turn the card back over.
- Stick a piece of double-sided tape along one edge of the background card, remove the backing strip then press the ends of the card together, using the 3cm folded strip to join them.
- Cut out a shape for the vase from patterned card 3cm x 5cm. Cut a piece of green card 4cm x 5cm then glue it to the back of the vase. Cut out some small leaves from patterned paper, glue them onto the card with flower sequins on top. Glue the vase with flowers and vase onto the front of the card.
- Paint the wooden letters to spell ‘MUM’. When the letters are dry, glue them onto a card panel with a larger piece of card underneath to make a border. Glue the lettering panel at the top of the window with some sequins to decorate.
- Stick extra strips of patterned paper around the bottom edge of the card and around the vase.
To stick down the flowers, apply a small amount of glue to the middle of each sequin with a cocktail stick, then press them onto the card.