Beginner. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Print out the Union Jack Template onto a sheet of white copier paper.
- Take the sheets of red tissue paper and cut out a lot of squares roughly 5x5cm in size. Then scrunch them into little balls.
- Start to cover the central cross on the template in PVA glue, then stick the red tissue balls onto the card. Continue this until the entire central cross is covered in red tissue balls. Then glue more red tissue balls onto the diagonal lines in the template.
- Cut out a lot of 5x5cm squares from the sheets of white tissue paper and scrunch them into little balls. Then glue them onto the template in the sections around the red tissue balls.
- Cut more squares from the sheets of blue tissue paper and scrunch them into balls. Then glue them into the remaining sections on the flag template. Leave to one side to dry.
- Once the glue has fully dried, turn the flag over and put a piece of double sided tape along the section where the side was left blank. Peel off the backing to the tape, then place a wooden skewer onto it and fold the card over the skewer to stick it in place.
Only cover small sections of the template with glue at a time to prevent it from drying out before you have put the tissue paper on there.