Time to Make
1 hour 30 minutes
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Use a soft pencil to draw a Union Jack flag design on one side of a porcelain mug.
- Paint in the red crosses of the flag with a porcelain pen. Make the diagonal cross thinner than the straight one.
- Fill in the areas between the crosses with a blue porcelain paint pen leaving white lines between the colours.
- Use a gold glass outline pen to make a flag pole on the left hand side of the flag. Write your message in blue and red paint on the other side of the mug and leave to dry.
- Cut 2 rectangles of red and white card and one of blue. Cut crosses from the red ones and stick to the white card.
- Cut around the crosses leaving a white border and glue to the blue rectangle to make a gift tag. Write Dad on the front using a gold outline pen and tie to the mug with gold ribbon.
Try copying Dad's football team logo onto a mug, or paint a picture to represent his favourite hobby.