Time to Make
1 hour 30 minutes
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take a small ball of yellow clay and flatten it out; this will be the centre of the flower. Take five balls of white clay (double the size of the yellow ball) and roll them into tapered petal shapes.
- Arrange them around the yellow centre, as shown, pressing the two colours of clay together so they join. Curl the rounded edges of the petals upwards, as shown.
- Roll five tiny green sausages out, so they taper at one end, then flatten them into pointy little leaves. Place them between the white petals, so they poke out, as shown, pressing them onto the reverse of the petals to secure them in place.
- Roll five large balls of red clay and flatten them out into large petal shapes. Arrange these between the white petals, directly behind the pointy green leaves, securing them in place on the reverse as before. Youll want to ensure that theyre equally spaced out to keep the balance of the flower.
- Curl the curved ends of the red petals up slightly, as shown. Next, roll out five larger sausages of green clay, tapering at one end again. These need to be flattened out into wider leaves that go into a sharp point, as shown, and arranged between the red petals on the flower, secured by pressing them into the reverse of the flower. Leave to air dry.
Make sure youve got the clay in the correct position before pressing it firmly as it sticks together very quickly.