Beginner. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
1 hour + baking time for Fimo.
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- To make a tooth 4cm in length, cut off 1 x strip from a white Fimo block with a modelling tool. Roll the Fimo into a ball then shape it with your fingers into a long tooth shape.
- Use a cocktail stick or a pointed modelling tool to make a hole through the top of the tooth. Wiggle the stick so the hole goes all the way through. Use the end of a thin brush or pencil to open out the hole if it needs to be wider.
- Model more Fimo teeth in the same way until you have enough for a necklace. To make a bigger-sized tooth 6-7cm in length use 2 x Fimo strips. For a small tooth, use ½ Fimo strip.
- Place all the teeth onto a baking tray or tile. Bake Fimo at 110oC for 30 minutes following the instructions on packaging. Leave to cool before handling.
- Mix up some pale brown paint then lightly brush it over the teeth for an aged effect.
- Cut off a piece of twine 150cm in length. Fold it in half to make a double thickness then thread it through the holes in the Fimo teeth. Tie a knot at either side of the teeth to keep them centrally positioned on the twine. Check how long the twine needs to be to fit over your head then tie a knot in the ends to make a loop.
Before brushing paint onto the teeth, lightly rub over the surface of the baked Fimo with sandpaper.