Time to Make
1 hour + drying time for paint and glue
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Glue 2 x large cardboard plates together, leave to dry then paint a 5cm gold border around the edge on the reverse (white) side. The middle area can be left unpainted, as it won’t be seen.
- Paint the reverse (white) side on a small cardboard plate in red and another small plate gold. Leave the paint to dry.
- Mark the middle point on the small gold plate. Draw a symmetrical ‘V’ shape making the sides approximately 10cm in length and 2.5cm wide. Cut out the ’V’ then glue it onto the small red plate so the patterned edges on the plates match up.
- Glue the small plate onto the large gold plate, leave to dry.
- To make the shield stronger and easier to hold, glue it onto a wooden shield. Press the plate so it sticks all the way round with are no gaps. Leave to dry.
Lightly brush red paint around the gold edge on the shield to highlight the raised pattern.