Time to Make
20 minutes + drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take a section of white air dry clay and roll it into a ball, making sure that the ball is small enough to fit into the jar.
- Repeat step 1 but this time make a slightly smaller ball, then put this one on top of the larger one and fix in place with some glue.
- Make a top hat out of some black foam by cutting two circles, one slightly larger than the other, and a thin strip. Roll the strip up and glue it to the larger circle. Then glue the smaller circle to the top of the hat.
- Glue the hat to the top of the snowman's head. Then make eyes and buttons from black foam, and a nose from orange foam, and glue these to the snowman. Leave the clay to dry overnight.
- Add some glycerin to a glass jar, filling it about a third of the way up. Then fill the rest of the jar with water leaving about two centimetres at the top.
- Add some silver glitter to the water and glycerin mix, then put the lid on and shake it thoroughly to mix everything together.
- Dry the lid and then glue the clay snowman to the inside of it using the glue gun. Wait until the glue has completely dried.
- Twist the lid onto the jar, so the snowman is inside, and then fix in place with the glue gun. Then add a silver gem strip around the edge of the lid.
Make sure the clay is dry before adding it to the water.