Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- For the triangle, take three lolly sticks of the same shape and arrange them in a triangle. Take the bottom one and put a dot of glue on each end. Stick the two sides in place, ensuring they sit at the correct angle so they meet in a point at the top.
- Add a dot of glue to the left-hand side stick of the triangle and press the right-hand side stick of the triangle down on top, ensuring that the ends are level. Leave to dry.
- For the square, take four lolly sticks and arrange them in a square shape before you get started. Add a dot of glue to each end of the bottom stick, and stick both side sticks down on top, ensuring that the ends meet, at a 90 degree angle.
- Add a dot of glue to the end of both side sticks, then place the top horizontal stick over them, ensuring that the ends meet up, to complete the square.
- Make as many shapes as required, you can get more complex shapes for older children and stay with simple shapes for younger children.
Ask children to arrange the lolly sticks in the shape before they try to stick them together, then stick them together one by one.