Time to Make
30 minutes + drying time for Model Magic and paint.
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Break off a ball of Model Magic about the size of an apple (8-10cm in dimeter).
- Use a modelling tool to divide the ball into 8 equal-sized pieces. Roll the pieces into balls, then shape each one into a 10 cm long banana shape.
- Press the ends of the 8 banana shapes together, so they are all joined in the middle, like a flower.
- Curl the pieces upwards into C shapes to form the side of the pumpkin. Join the last 2 pieces together to close the sides into a pot shape. Widen the hole at the top of the pumpkin by pulling it with your fingers. Leave to dry overnight before making a lid.
- To make the lid, shape a flat circle from modelling material, make it slightly smaller than the hole in the pot. Shape a stalk then press it into the middle of the circle. Use a modelling tool to press a lined pattern around the stalk. When the top of the pumpkin pot has partially dried out, place the lid over the hole and press the edge with your fingers to adjust the shape. Dry the lid separately from the pot.
- Paint the pot and lid then leave them to dry. Paint the inside the pot and underneath he lid. Add another colour on the pumpkin using sponge dabbers then print a texture using painted bubble wrap or a straw dipped into paint.
Model Magic can take 48 hours+ to fully dry. When the pumpkins have partially dried on top, rest on their sides to help the bases harden. Models are ready to paint when the surface has dried.