Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Soften half a sheet of red and half a sheet of yellow wax for a few minutes by placing them on a plate near a warm radiator, or by squeezing them between your warm hands.
- Mix the two colours by kneading them together until you get orange wax. Use half of this amount to make one pumpkin and roll into a ball between your hands.
- Use a knitting needle to make a hole down the centre of the ball and thread a piece of wick into the hole. Use the side of the needle to make grooves down the sides of the ball.
- Soften some green wax sheet and roll into a small ball. Flatten this between your fingers and use the needle to make indentations all round to form leaves.
- Press a pair of leaves onto the top of the pumpkin so the wick stands out from between them.
- Take a green candle pen and carefully draw veins on the leaves and spirally tendrils coming down from the wick.
Make really spooky pumpkins by using a black candle pen to draw on the eyes, a nose and a scary mouth