Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Glue the card cone template onto black card and cut around it carefully, including the long slot. Use a silver metallic pen to decorate the black card with spirals and dots. Roll the card into a cone and fix the tab through the slot, using tape to secure.
- Cut out some self-adhesive yellow felt and stick onto the head part of the body template. Add some thin strips of green felt for hair, held on with a fringe cut from green sticky felt.
- Add wiggle-eyes and felt features. Cut a small circle of black felt with a slit across the middle and fit this over the head to make the brim of the hat.
- Cut two triangles of sticky black felt to make a pointed hat and fix to the head, holding the brim in place. Fold the shoulders of the body in around the plastic stick and tape in place.
- Cut a 15cm by 6cm rectangle of black felt and snip one edge into zig-zags. Fix the other side onto a thinner strip of sticky felt, gathering it as you go to make a skirt. Wrap the skirt around the body using the sticky felt strip.
- Cut two arms from black felt and fix to the back of the body. Decorate the witch by sticking stars to her dress and hat. Feed the stick through the hole at the base of the cone to complete the puppet.
Making the skirt and arms from felt will ensure they fit inside the narrow part of the cone.