Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Cut the lid off of the egg carton and discard. Cut out the egg carton dimples so that you are left with individual cup shapes.
- Pair the cup shapes in two’s for the top and bottom of the treat pot, one to be the lid and one to be the base of the treat pot.
- Choose a paint colour for your monster pot and paint the lid and the base of the treat pot the same colour using acrylic paint. Paint the insides of both parts too and then leave to dry.
- Place the lid on top of the base of the pot and hold them together with one hand. Paint a black circle in the middle that overlaps onto both parts of the pot. This is to make the open mouth of the monster. Separate the lid and the base so that they don’t stick together when drying. Leave to dry.
- Stick on 1, 2 or 3 (or more!) coloured wiggle eyes to the front of the lid of the monster pot.
- Place the lid on the base and line it up so that the mouth is in line with the top and the bottom. Hold in place with one hand and with the other hand paint white teeth on the mouth to look like the monster’s mouth is open. Leave to dry.
- Decorate the monster pot with bright coloured spots using acrylic paint. Leave to dry.
- Place a small sweet or chocolate inside the pot and put on the lid.
Before adding the white teeth, make sure the black paint for the mouth is fully dry. This will help the teeth stand out nice and bright. Alternatively, you could use deco pens AG991 to add the teeth and spots.