Time to Make
1 hour 30 minutes
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Before you pass over your clean, dry milk bottle for its transformation, take it so the handle is on the left and gently pinch the flat plastic at the front, towards the base, so that it folds slightly. Cut into this with scissors, so that you cut a oval shape out of the front, then widen the shape into a doorway by cutting more from each side, using the picture as a guide.
- Coat the milk bottle in your choice of acrylic paint we mixed a green, blue and white to make a vibrant turquoise shade. Apply with a sponge dabber for extra-thick coverage, ensuring its completely covered the whole way around (ignoring the plastic lid) then leave to dry.
- Once dry, apply glue around the doorframe using a glue gun and stick a row of coloured mini pompoms all the way around it, as shown. Cut a window shape from white foam, plus a pair of pink curtains and stick to the right-hand side of the carton.
- Make a ladder from pipe cleaners: the ladder is going to be propped up against the window so you need to ensure the two pipe cleaners that are going to form the two long sides of the ladder are the right length by measuring how long they need to be when they are propped up against the window. Cut to size.
- Create the rungs of the ladder by cutting short lengths of another pipe cleaner (the same colour) and twisting it horizontally around the two long pipe cleaner pieces, ensuring that each rung is spread out equally along the ladder.
- Cut a square of coloured card and form it into a cone thats big enough to sit over the lid of the milk bottle to form the roof. Once youre happy with the size and shape, secure the two sides of the card into a cone with glue dots and decorate the rim of the roof with gems.
- Add any stickers or hand-drawings up the side.
Make sure an adult cuts the milk bottle you can use a craft knife for ease and speed instead of scissors if youd prefer.