Intermediate. Adult Supervision needed.
Time to Make
1 hour 45 mins
How to Make
- Cut a kitchen towel tube in half. On one half cut a window shaped hole in the middle of the tube.
- On the other half, cut out a door shape from the bottom of the tube.
- At the tops of both tubes cut out small squares around the edge.
- Paint both tubes using yellow acrylic deco paint. Leave to dry.
- Using black paint, paint a door shape on the window tube, and a window shape on the door tube. Leave to dry.
- Stick both tubes together using glue dots to create the medieval castle.
- Take two wooden people and paint their heads using a skin tone colour. Paint long hair on the princess wooden doll and a bright coloured dress. Leave to dry.
- Draw on a face using a thin black pen. Use pink paint to add rosy cheeks. Leave to dry.
- Stick a crown self-adhesive jewel to the top of the princess head and another jewel to the middle of her dress.
- Place the princess wooden doll inside the castle under the tube so that her head shows through the window. Cut more of the window out if needed.
- Paint a grey helmet onto the St. George wooden doll leave a circle in the middle for his face to show through.
- Paint the rest of the body grey. Leave to dry.
- Paint a small amount of hair poking through the helmet onto St. Georges forehead. Leave to dry.
- Paint a white rectangle down the middle of the St.George wooden dolls body. Leave to dry.
- Paint a red cross onto the white rectangle. Leave to dry.
- Paint on top a shield shape and a sword shape. Leave to dry.
- Draw 5 black vertical lines using a black pen on the middle of the top of the helmet to add details. Add 2 small circles either side of the lines on the top of the helmet.
- Draw on a face onto the St. George wooden doll using a black pen.
- Take a wooden craft peg and paint it green using acrylic deco paint by mixing blue and yellow together. Leave to dry.
- Using a black pen draw two black nostrils on the top end of the peg so that it looks like the opening of a dragons mouth.
- Stick on 2 small wiggle eyes.
- Cut a small, thin strip from red paper to use as the dragons tongue. Cut a small triangle in the middle of the end of the tongue to create a forked dragons tongue. Stick the other end inside the dragons mouth using a glue dot or a glue stick.
- Cut two small spikey wings from green paper and stick to either side of the peg using glue dots.
- Cut a small triangle from green paper and stick to the other end of the peg to make the tip of the dragons tail.
- Cut out a circle from a sheet of brown foam as a base and large enough for the medieval castle, St. George and the dragon to fit on.
Instead of a tongue you can add spikey layers of red, orange and yellow paper to make the dragon appear to breath fire.