Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take eight orange lolly sticks and arrange them in two piles of four, stacked up together so the ends are lined up. Glue each stack of four together using either a glue dot on each end the top three sticks or a blob of glue from the glue gun.
- Arrange your two stacks of sticks so they are roughly 9cm apart, then position 11 coloured lolly sticks horizontally over the top, so they rest on the two stacks, as shown. Place them in the following order: red, purple, green, blue, yellow. Dont stick them in place until youre happy with the arrangement.
- When youre ready to stick them down, add a blob of glue to the underside of each stick, at either end and press it down so each end is secured to one of the orange stacks. Repeat until all the sticks are stuck down, as shown.
- While the glue dries, take a mini metallic bell and another lolly stick and glue the bell to one end, hanging loop upwards so the widest part of the bell faces downwards. Leave to dry.
- You now have your mock xylophone, and if you hit the keys with your bell, it will make a noise!
You can decorate further with glitter glue or stickers around the edge of the stacks