Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Paint a desk tidy with two coats of yellow acrylic paint and leave to dry.
- Sketch leaf shapes onto the sides and fill in with orange paint.
- Lay some newspaper on a work-surface and place a piece of orange card in the middle.
- Rub an old toothbrush into acrylic paint - use a contrasting colour for a stunning effect - and run your thumb across the bristles to splatter the paint onto the card.
- When the painted card is dry, cut out some leaf shapes. Fold each leaf along its centre to give it a 3D effect.
- Glue the leaves to the 'empty' parts of the desk tidy; they can overlap if necessary. Use PVA to glue coloured beads between the leaves to look like berries.
Splatter painting is lots of fun but can be really messy. Make sure you cover work surfaces with old paper before starting.