Time to Make
1 hour 30 minutes
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Stick a square of self-adhesive foam on top of another square the same size.
- Draw a maple leaf shape on the backing paper of the second square and cut out with scissors.
- Stick the double thickness leaf onto another square of foam and fix this to a piece of thick card to make a stamp.
- Place a large piece of card inside the bag. Paint the leaf with orange and yellow acrylic paint and press firmly onto the bag without smudging the design.
- Repeat this to cover the bag in leaves and let the paint dry completely before taking the card out.
- Outline the leaves with a neat running stitch using different colours of embroidery thread.
If your sewing is good, try adding detail around the edges of the bag or along the handles, or stitch your signature into the corner to personalise it.