Time to Make
1 hour plus drying time for paint and glue
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- You need 3 x small plates and 3 x large plates to make a bird. Start by cutting a large plate in half to make 2 pieces for the wings. Draw a simple shape for a curved wing onto the white side of one piece then cut it out. Place the wing over the other half of the plate, draw around then cut it out to make a matching shape.
- Glue the 2 wings onto a small plate for the bird’s body with the white sides facing up.
- Cut a wedge-shaped section from a large plate for the tail. Make it slightly smaller than a quarter section. Glue the tail onto the body. Draw a head with a beak and neck onto the left over card plate. Glue the head at the top of the body.
- Glue some simple string patterns onto the body. Glue a bead onto the head for the eye with a loop of string around the outside. Add some string pieces on the beak. Leave the glue to dry.
- Cover the bird all over with brown paint. Leave to dry.
- Lightly brush gold paint over the bird. Keep the paintbrush fairly dry to highlight the textures and patterns.
Cut out the bird’s head with a long neck, so it can easily be glued onto the back of the body.