Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Cut a large heart shape from brown self-adhesive foam. Tie a big bow in the centre of a piece of red ribbon and fix the ends to the sticky side of the heart.
- Peel away the rest of the backing paper and fix the heart to some plain red foam. Cut around the shape leaving a 5mm border.
- Cut some 10cm long, narrow strips of yellow sticky foam and fix to one side of the heart to make stalks. Cut out some leaf shapes - seven for each stalk - from more yellow sticky foam and layer together to make an ear of corn. Stick ears to each of the stalks.
- Choose lots of different foam leaves and arrange them on the other half of the heart so that they overlap.
- Use a gold glitter pen to draw a spider's web coming down from the top left-hand side of the heart.
- Add a little black foam dot with hand-drawn legs to make a spider, then add a ladybird made from orange and black foam to sit on the corn stalks.
If your school makes up Harvest Festival hampers, ask if you can tie one of these pretty hearts to the front.