Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Paint a polystyrene egg blank with two coats of black acrylic paint and leave to dry.
- Fold an A5 piece of black card in half and sketch out a curvy bat wing shape so the centre of the wings fall on the fold.
- Cut around the guidelines, unfold the wings and rub out any pencil lines.
- Use a fine gold pen to draw curved lines from each wing tip to the centre. Add a line of dots around the edges and draw the same pattern on the other side of the card.
- Pierce two small holes either side of the fold and thread a 50cm length of gold cord through both, knotting at the ends to form a hanging loop.
- Add wiggle-eyes, card ears and a mouth to the painted polystyrene blank. Place a piece of double sided tape over the cord and fix the body onto the wings.
Draw the designs in pencil on the wings before going over with a gold pen to make sure they are symmetrical