Time to Make
How to Make
- Take the white string/cord and cut into a few short pieces to use for the leeks roots.
- Cut a rectangle shape from white felt 12cms x 8cms.
- Place small strips of double sided tape along one side of the length, and another strip about half way along the width. Peel off the backing.
- Place the short pieces of string/cord onto the felt so that they are stuck to the double sided tape and are sticking out the end for the leek roots. Roll the felt into a tight sausage to make the body of the leek, making sure the roots are sticking out the bottom.
- Using scissors cut slits into the other end of the leek to around half way to create the leek tops.
- Using a light green felt tip pen, colour the middle just below the leek tops.
- Then using a dark green felt tip pen, colour the leek tops both sides, and blend into the light green colour as shown.
- Draw eyes and a mouth using a thin black pen. Add cheeks using a pink pen.
- Peel off the backing of a brooch pin and stick to the back of the leek. You can now attach the brooch to your clothes.
Colour in the felt in forward directions rather than back and fourth to keep the felt flat and easy to colour in.