Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Roll out a small ball of red air dry clay, warming it in your hands until its smooth and malleable. This will represent the earths core.
- Cover the ball in a layer of orange clay, smoothing it around the ball of red until its completely coloured and devoid of cracks. This will represent the outer core.
- Then add a layer of yellow clay for the mantle. Your ball should be growing in size.
- Add a thin layer of black clay, ensuring its all completely covered. This will be the earths crust.
- Finally, add a covering of blue around the ball for the sea, then add patches of green for land. Leave to dry.
- Once dry, cut the model in half using a sharp knife to reveal the layers inside.
The clay bonds together quite quickly so roll out each layer before wrapping it around the clay ball to ensure you have enough to cover it otherwise as soon as you put them together they will bond, making it difficult to separate the colours if you need to.