Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Cut a flame shape out of some yellow tissue paper, and a smaller one from orange tissue paper, and stick them together. Then cut a candle holder shape out of red tissue paper.
- Assemble the lantern by putting the wire inside, then stick the candle shapes you have made to the front of the lantern using Decopatch varnish glue.
- Cut a large circle out of purple tissue paper, and then cut out a smaller circle on the inside of this. Stick it to the lantern around the candle shape. Cut out some other shapes from blue tissue paper and glue them around the edge of your pattern.
- Cover the tissue paper with a layer of the varnish glue and leave to dry.
- Tie the gold cord that comes with the lanterns to the top of the wire, this is what your lantern will hang from.
- Cut some strips of red, orange and yellow ribbon and tie them to the underneath of the wire at the bottom of the lantern.
Try not to use too much glue in one go otherwise the colour from the tissue paper may spread