Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Paint a round wooden coaster with two coats of blue acrylic and leave to dry.
- Use red candle pen to make a row of dots around the base of a candle. Add dots of blue candle pen between the red dots and leave to dry.
- Draw a circle in the centre of the now dried coaster and paint PVA glue all over the top, leaving the centre circle clear. Cover the glue with green iridescent glitter and shake off the excess.
- Use red candle paint to make an eight pointed flower on one side of the candle. Add lines of yellow paint between the red petals, then add a blue centre. Finish with a circle of green dots around the flower.
- Add two concentric circles of glitter glue in contrasting colours to the coaster and leave to dry.
- Paint three more flowers around the sides of the candle and leave them to dry. Place the decorated candle in the centre of the glittery coaster.
Always be careful around lit candles. Never leave one alight if you go out and don't let the candle burn right down to the base as it may scorch the coaster.