Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Cut the lid off of an old egg carton and discard.
- Cut out the individual egg dimples from the carton. Trim around the edges of each dimple cut out to neaten them up. These will be used as the spider’s body.
- Take one of the egg dimples and turn it upside down. Paint on a layer of black acrylic paint. Paint the inside too. Leave to dry.
- Stick on 2 or more coloured wiggle eyes to the spider’s face.
- Cut 4 purple and 4 orange pipe cleaners into 8cm long pieces
- Fold one of the pipe cleaner pieces in half and then fold upwards both ends. Repeat with the other pieces of pipe cleaner. This is to make the shape of the spider’s legs.
- Stick a row of large glue dots around the inside edges of the spider’s body.
- Stick the folded up ends of the pipe cleaner legs to the glue dots around the inside edges. Stick 2 orange and 2 purple legs on one side and then 2 orange and 2 purple legs on the other side.
- Repeat these steps with the rest of the parts of the egg carton and decorate your house with spiders!
Turn your creepy crawly spider into a ‘bouncy’ one by attaching a piece of elastic cord to his head and a loop at the other end for your finger.