Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take a craft cupcake case and turn it face down on a surface. Colour in red felt pen until the outside is completely coloured. Put to one side.
- Take a piece of white card and cut a panel 6cm x 10cm. Draw a coloured border around the outside using a coloured pen, as shown.
- Draw a number in the centre of the label using a coloured pen. Decorate, using the picture as a guide. Stick the label centrally to the front of a plain plastic jar with Glue Dots.
- Affix the cupcake case to the lid of the jar, coloured side up and arranged centrally so the textured edging hangs over the sides of the lid, disguising it.
- Repeat for several other jars, using a different number on each label. Once they’re complete, select a pile of pom poms, ensuring the total adds up to the total of all the numbers on the jars.
- To play the game, children must put the correct number of pom poms into each jar, by looking at the number on the label and counting them in.
You can also use pebbles, shells or beads instead of pom poms