Time to Make
30 minutes + drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take three wooden spoons and paint one yellow, one blue and one red. Leave to dry.
- Once dry, cover the spoons in acrylic varnish to make them water resistant.
- Carefully use the scissors to cut a small hole either side of the bottom section of the bottle. Make one hole the same size as the handle of the wooden spoon, and the other hole slightly larger (so there is room for the seeds to fall onto the spoon).
- Repeat step three in the middle section of the bottle, and again in the top section.
- Push the wooden spoons through the holes, so the handle end goes through the smaller hole and the spoon end is through the larger hole.
- Use the funnel to add the bird seeds to the bottle. Then put the lid on the bottle.
- Tightly tie a piece of twine around the neck of the bottle in a double knot, then make the end into a loop and tie the other end around the neck of the bottle.
When adding the seeds to the bottle, if they keep falling out of the holes, try temporarily covering the holes with masking tape until the bottle is full.