Time to Make
30 minutes + drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take two small paper plates and paint the back of each of them with red paint. Leave to dry and add another coat of paint if needed.
- Once the paint is dry, use a black deco pen to draw a silhouette of an ox's head in the centre of one of the paper plates. Use a pencil to lightly draw the shape first to make sure you get it right. Write '2021' above the ox silhouette.
- Use a yellow deco pen to decorate the edge of the paper plate with stripes. Draw a line in the grooves of the edge of the plate.
- Cut two strips of wool approximately 20cm long and tie a knot in the end of each of them. Then thread red and yellow beads onto the pieces of wool.
- Take the plain red paper plate and put it on a surface with the painted side facing down, then use double sided tape to stick the pieces of wool to either side of the plate.
- Stick a wooden stick to the bottom of the plate, then use more double sided tape to stick the other plate to this plate, making sure the ox design is the correct way round.
Make sure the paint has fully dried before drawing on top of it, otherwise red paint will soak into the pen nib.