Time to Make
30 minutes per pencil topper
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Cut out the shape of a fox head from and orange sheet of foam. Draw around this with a pencil on to the orange foam and cut it out to create two identical shapes.
- Wrap an orange pipe cleaner around a pencil about five times, then fold the end upwards and trim it so there is only about an inch remaining.
- Peel the backing off of one of the fox shaped pieces of foam, and stick the end of the pipe cleaner to this. Then stick the other piece of foam on top.
- Cut out the inner ears and facial markings out of white self-adhesive foam and stick to the fox’s face.
- Cut out a small triangle from black foam to create the nose. Then add two wiggle eyes to complete the fox’s face.
- Use this same technique to create the owl pencil topper, by cutting out owl shapes from the natural coloured foam sheets.
Try using the same technique to create a range of different woodland animals.