Time to Make
1 hour 30 minutes
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Measure a bamboo stick against the centre of the side of the Wooden Bird Feeder and mark the required length with a pencil. Cut the bamboo stick to the correct length using a pair of secateurs, as shown.
- Glue the piece of bamboo at the centre of the side of the Wooden Bird Feeder with a glue gun or PVA glue.
- Repeat this process of measuring and cutting bamboo sticks to size and gluing them in place on 3 sides of the Wooden Bird Feeder until covered, leaving an open side.
- On the open side, create a doorway by measuring and cutting bamboo sticks to size and gluing in place as shown in the picture.
- To create a tiled roof effect, glue a row of branch chips along the base of the roof. Follow with another row of branch chips slightly overlapping the previous row to create a layered effect. Continue this process until you reach the roof top. Repeat on the other side of the roof.
- Cut a 7cm x 5.5cm piece of Nature Texture Paper and glue inside the fairy house for the flooring.
- To decorate the Fairy House, we created flowers by painting the pods from Sesame Seed Branches, and painting Shells to resemble insects.
- Finally, carefully cut two pieces from a natural wooden stick, glue together to form a sign post, and using a fine black marker pen write Fairy House. Leave to dry.
To preserve and protect your natural Fairy House, apply a coat of transparent water-based HobbyLine Acrylic Satin Varnish