Intermediate - Adult Supervision Required
Time to Make
2 hours + drying time for paint and glue
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Using scissors, carefully cut sections from the bark square. If cutting is too difficult try peeling some of the bark off the squares, as shown.
- Glue the sections of bark pieces onto the sides of the wooden bug house using either PVA glue or a glue gun.
- Carefully glue the remaining pieces of bark onto the inside of the bug house. Make sure the bark pieces do not cover the entrances otherwise the bugs won’t be able to get in.
- Glue the short bamboo sticks onto the roof of the wooden bug house, as shown.
- Using PVA glue or a glue gun, glue branch chips around the base of the wooden bug house and along the front of the roof.
- Finally, glue an acorn onto the centre join of the roof.
Cover the Wooden Bug House in a layer of PVA glue or HobbyLine Acrylic Satin Varnish to make it water resistant.