Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
Yes - The slime is formed by a chemical reaction between the polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) in the glue and the borate ion from the boric acid in the contact lens solution. We therefore recommend that the recipe is not altered, as the chemical reaction needs these ingredients to work. Please make sure that the making of the slime is supervised by an Adult. After making / playing with the slime we recommend that hands are thoroughly washed. This Slime is not edible. If your child has any allergies, please make sure you check the ingredients of each of the components. If any signs of reaction appears on the skin, please wash thoroughly and stop use immediately. If in doubt, please seek medical advice.
How to Make
- Pour around eight tablespoons of PVA glue into your bowl. Then add a few drops of purple food colouring to the glue and mix it together.
- Add some shaving foam into your mixture, about the amount of half of the glue, and mix it together. Then add approximately 1 teaspoon of baking soda into your mixture and mix it together.
- Add around one tablespoon of contact lens solution to your mixture and stir it in with the spoon. Your mixture should begin to feel thick and sticky. Continue to add more contact lens solution until the slime is no longer sticking to the bowl.
- Take the slime out of the bowl and knead and stretch it with your hands until it is no longer sticky.
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 using green food colouring to create some green slime.
- Twist the green and purple slimes together. Then lay it out both onto a table and pour some iridescent glitter onto it. Knead the slime with your hands to mix the glitter in.
- Finally, add some coloured wiggle eyes to the slime.
Add more contact lens solution to your mixture if it continues to stick to your hands.