Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Draw 2 triangles on the back of your chosen colour card 20cm in length and 10cm wide. These will be your tallest trees.
- Draw 2 more triangles on the back of your chosen colour card 15cm in length and 7.5cm wide. These will be your smaller trees. Cut all 4 of your triangles out neatly
- One the white side of your triangles draw lines with a 2cm gap in-between each one. Using your ruler fold the card over it on every line you have drawn, this is the concertina pattern. Repeat on all of your trees.
- Fold your concertina tree onto itself until you have one flat piece of card. Find the centre and use your hole punch to make a neat hole through the layers. If the card is too thick then do one row at a time keeping it centred. Repeat with all of your triangles
- Take a small amount of white clay and cover your branch offcut leaving a mound in the centre to place your pipe cleaner into, now secure into place.
- Cover the clay in super tacky glue then sprinkle on artificial snowflakes and white glitter and leave to dry. Repeat steps 5 and 6 with your other branch offcuts
- When your clay is slightly set, thread your concertina trees onto the pipe cleaners
alternating the colours.
- Display your lovely trees with pride!
Thread your pipe cleaners from the top and back of your tree, threading downwards so that the top of the tree is on show