Time to Make
How to Make
- Take a sheet of blue patterned paper and cut into a 10x10cm square.
- Make sure the patterned side is underneath, then mark where the centre of the square is. Cut diagonally towards the centre from each corner, leaving a small section in the middle so that it doesn’t fall apart.
- Punch a hole in the end of a straw, then trim it so it is just over 1cm.
- Take your paper square and fold in the left hand corner of each section, hold these corners in place in the middle.
- Cut a small hole through these corners and make another small hole in the centre of the paper behind. Then push a paper fastener through the holes in the paper.
- Push the end of the paper fastener through the hole in the straw, then loosely fold the ends over to prevent it falling out.
- Put some glue on the top of a cocktail stick, then attach it to the inside of the bottom of the straw. Hold it in place until the glue dries.
Don't fold the paper fastener too tightly, otherwise the windmill may not spin.