Time to Make
30 minutes + drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Roll out some air drying clay roughly 0.5cm thick and use a star and a circle cookie cutter to cut out a star and a circle shape. If you do not have a star or circle cookie cutter draw a star and circle shape with a pencil onto the clay and cut out using plastic modelling tools or a knife.
- Leave the star and the circle shape to dry.
- Once the clay has hardened, paint the star shape using gold paint and the circle using silver paint. Leave to dry. Add another coat if necessary.
- Draw out a 3cm x 8cm rectangle on white card using a pencil. Place strips of double-sided tape onto the rectangle and peel off the backing.
- Stick down strips of coloured ribbon downwards on top of the double sided tape so that the whole rectangle is covered in ribbon. Cut out the rectangle shape and trim down the ribbon on the edges.
- Stick the clay star to the bottom of the ribbon rectangle using super tacky glue. Leave to dry. Repeat steps 4-6 for the circle medal.
- At the back of the ribbon at the top, stick on a self-adhesive badge pin.
Decorate the medals however you like using sequins, glitter or sculptured with a pencil.
What You Need
- White Air Drying Clay
- A4 White Card Value Pack
- Self-Adhesive Badge Pins
- Coloured Satin Ribbon Value Pack
- Sellotape Double Sided Tape
- Gold Melt Acrylic Lustre Paint
- Silver Melt Acrylic Lustre Paint
- Super Tacky Multi Purpose Glue
- Coloured Sequins (Optional)
- A Star and a Circle cookie cutter (Optional)
- Rolling Pin
- A Ruler
- A Pencil