Time to Make
45 Minutes (+Drying time)
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Paint the inside of the large transparent photo bauble with pink acrylic paint. Leave for a few minutes to dry before closing the bauble. Spread a layer of super tacky glue on the outside of the bauble and dust with iridescent white glitter. Leave bauble to dry.
- Trace and cut two 3cm long triangles from white felt, and two smaller 1cm long triangles from pink felt. Stick the pink felt onto the white felt to make unicorn ears. Apply a small dot of glue to the bottom middle of the ears and pinch either side together to form a small cone shape. Keep pinching until both sides stick together without assistance and move to one side to dry fully.
- Cut out a long skinny piece of felt in the shape of a triangle, roughly 5cm tall and 1cm wide at the bottom. Cut out a triangle from the cellophane that is slightly bigger than the white felt triangle. Stick the felt to the centre of the cellophane and carefully trim the overlapping cellophane pieces.
- Stick the horn on the top middle of the bauble. Stick the ears either side of the horn and leave to dry for a few minutes. In the meantime, have an adult help trim the wire stems off the backs of the paper flowers. Glue and arrange the flowers around the horn and ears and leave to dry.
- With a black deco pen draw two eyes with long eyelashes below the ears on the middle of the bauble. Leave to dry for a few minutes.
- Cut a 15cm piece of purple ribbon and fold it in half. Thread the folded ribbon through the top of the bauble but do not pull it all the way through. Slip the two loose ends back through the loop made at the folded end of the ribbon and pull to form a knot. Then tie together the loose ends so that the ribbon is secure.
To reduce the project time and materials needed, replace the painting and glitter steps by filling the bauble with scrunched up iridescent cellophane.