Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Measure the length and width of the mini wooden chest, and cut seven sticks to the length measurement and four to the width.
- Cut a stick into four smaller pieces, approximately 2cm long, to go either side of the metal clasp.
- Cover the chest in double sided tape, and stick the craft sticks to it, making sure you don't cover where the lid meets the box.
- Cover the sticks and chest in brown paint and leave to dry.
- Cut four strips of white paper, two long and two short, and about 1cm wide. Stick self-adhesive pearls along each strip and then cover in gold paint. Once this paint has dried, stick the strips to the top and bottom of the chest either side of the metal clasp.
Leave the lid of the chest open until the paint is completely dry to prevent the lid sticking shut.