Time to Make
1 hour + drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take a large section of air-dry clay and roll it into a cylindrical shape, approximately 15cm tall.
- Take a smaller amount of clay and roll it into a long thin roll, then wrap it around the middle of the totem pole.
- Repeat step 2 two more times, wrapping it around the top and bottom of the clay.
- Create two wing shapes out of clay and stick them to the back of the totem pole.
- Use small sections of clay to create the details, such as the facial features and other markings, and stick them to the totem pole. Then leave the clay to dry.
- Once the clay is fully dry, paint it in acrylic paints. Painting the details in contrasting colours.
- Use a smaller paintbrush to paint details and decorations onto the totem pole.
Leave the clay to dry overnight to make sure it is completely dry before painting.