Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Cut a piece of A4 card in half lengthwise. Score 1cm in from both long edges, roll into a tube then secure with double-sided tape. Cut lots of slits down to each score line to make flaps.
- Cut a 10cm circle of green self-adhesive foam. Cut a circle from the middle, the same diameter as your tube. Slip the foam over the tube and stick to one set of flaps. Stick a second disc of foam to the bottom and add a green felt fringe around the base.
- Draw a 14cm diameter circle on some red foam. Draw a 5.5cm circle inside this and use a protractor to mark into 12 sections. Cut out the large circle.
- Cut down the lines to the middle circle and cut a slot in the centre for the money. Use double-sided tape to overlap the sections to form a bowl shape.
- Stick the bowl upside down onto the stem. Use double-sided tape on only half the flaps so that it can lift up slightly.
- Cut lots of white discs from self-adhesive foam to cover the top of the toadstool. Make little bugs from decorated circles of foam with wings and wiggle-eyes.
You can use this method to make little gift baskets, simply add a handle to an upturned bowl.