Time to Make
25 minutes + drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take the paper off of your tin can. Mix some blue and white paint together to make a pale blue, then cover the outside of the tin can with this blue paint. Leave to dry and add another coat of paint if needed.
- Once dry, use pink and yellow paint to decorate the tin can with flowers.
- When the paint is fully dry, cover the can in a coat of varnish to seal it.
- Glue a bamboo stick to the rim of the tin can to create a perch for the bird.
- Cut a long piece of light blue ribbon, and tie it around one end of the tin can, leaving the two long edges at the top. Then tie the ends of the edges together to make a loop.
- Repeat step 5 on the other end of the tin can, creating two loops for the bird feeder to hang from.
If you can't get the paper off of your tin can, try soaking it in warm water for a few minutes. To help make it water resistant you will need to give a final coat of acrylic varnish.