Intermediate - Adult Supervision Required
Time to Make
1 hours + drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Cut an arch shape at the lip of the cup. Turn the cup upside down and poke a small hole in the centre of the bottom of the cup with a pencil.
- Wrap a yellow pipe cleaner around the cup, starting from the top. Use several pipe cleaners to continue down to the bottom. Secure the pipe cleaners in place with glue and cut off any pipe cleaner that sits over the arched hole. Curl a yellow pipe cleaner into a round circle, and let it unwind a little so there are gaps in the circle, like a swirl. Glue this onto the top of the upside-down cup.
- Take a large yellow pom pom and draw black stripes round it using a thick black pen. Cut a blue pipe cleaner in half. Bring the two ends inwards to create two loops. This will be your wings. Cut a piece of yellow ribbon to 35cm. Tie one end onto the centre of the wings and cut off the excess. Glue the wings onto the top of one of the pom poms. Repeat to create two more bees.
- Cut another piece of yellow ribbon to 40cm and fold it in half. Thread the two ends through the small hole in the cup and tie a knot on the inside.
- Take a bumble bee and cut the ribbon attached to the wings to 25cm. Tape the end of the ribbon to the roof of the beehive, inside. Repeat this with the other two bees but cut the ribbon to 20cm instead so that they hang slightly higher than the other bee.
- Pick out four red felt flowers. Peel the plastic off the back of them and stick them on to the sides of the beehive.
Curl up the yellow pipe cleaners before hand so that they stay in place easier around the cup.