Time to Make
1 hour 30 minutes
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- On a protective mat or piece of card roll out a circle of air dry terracotta clay with a rolling pin to about 5mm-8mm thick and larger than the scallop shell.
- Place and press the slab of clay over the bottom of the shell ensuring the clay touches the shell completely. Smooth any cracks using your fingers and a little water.
- Holding the clay coated shell with one hand, carefully trim off the extra clay around the top edge of the shell. (Adult assistance may be required for this step)
- Roll three small balls of clay for the feet. Place the balls of clay into position on the base of the clay shell. Use dampened fingers to blend the edge of the balls into the clay shell base to prevent the feet from falling off.
- Gently flip the coated clay shell over and carefully remove the shell.
- Leave to harden. When dry, edge with gold acrylic lustre paint or leave natural.
Ensure you remove the shell from the clay before leaving to harden.